I wonder sometimes why when one thing hits there is something else following. For any of you who have been following on facebook you know that this past week has been very stressful and traumatic for me.
A week yesterday Sacha fell in the cage from hanging on the top playing with a toy. In doing so he broke his leg. So Monday morning I had to locate a vet that has avian experience. Well the closest one is out of Ft Branch, In. Good hour from me. So took him in. And the first thing he said was he thought the bone was shattered and if so he would have to be euthanized and the bottom of my world fell through. So he took xrays and came back yes it was broken but it was a clean break. So he sent up to Dr Vaughn who is an avian specialist and qualified to handle this. So off we went to Louisville, Ky. A 3 and half hour drive from where I was at the time. Now mind you I live in IL so I saw a total of 3 states counting mine as 1.
Got there and he took a look at Sacha and then did xrays. He came back and told me he could fix the bone one of two ways. He would try to pin straight down the bone or he would have to come home with a apparatus that would have been hard to take care of. So I left him and he had surgery on Tuesday and he came through fine. He was able to do the pin on him. He was able to come home on Wednesday afternoon. So back on the road and I mean on the road. I left here at 9:30 am and I did not get home until 8:30 pm.
Now at this point I have laid out 2150.00 on the care of Sacha, and it is not finished yet. He has 3 follow up visits with the first vet. To another 150.00 added to the bill.
I do not know how I would have paid this if my brother did not help me by paying it and letting me pay him back. Now I have to come up with money for the 3 follow up visits to the first vet to keep tabs on the healing process.
I have been stressed, frightened and scared to death something will go wrong with this. I have been praying very hard about this. I will be so blessed if everything goes good.
This is photo of what his little leg looks like at the present time.
He has to be confined to a small area in the bin to keep him from doing alot of moving around. I do get him out a couple of times during the day for snuggles. he snuggles up and goes to sleep or peeps at me. It gives him close time with me and he knows he is loved.
Yesterday evening Ritchie and I picked green beans and blackberries out of my garden. I have squash to put up, beans to put up and blackberries to put up. Also Glenda is coming to do his beets today. That Marty and I get spared for. Couple of weeks or so we will have sweet corn to put up also. So not only stressed but doing all this other stuff on top of it. But it has to be done. I will not plant food and not harvest it. Would be very stupid on my part to waste it.
With this I am striving to keep out of the depression zone with my bipolar. Do not want to go there as I can not deal with it on top of everything else going on. Bipolar depression is different than normal depression as we have it to the extreme intensity of it. I can deal with the mania part of it right now better than the other.
I have a tom cat now. His name is Tigger. Stray cat that I have adopted. Will get photos of him. He is the sweetest little thing I have ever saw. He loves to be petted. He thinks he is a lap cat. He follows us all around in the garden and he is up under your feet all the time. The thing with him is he has a very soft meow for a tomcat. He would make a good inside cat but just not sure about it because of my parrot babies. I do not want to put them in harms way and I think that would be what would happen.
This week is going to be awful....just awful heat wise. Thought I left all the burning hot weather in Florida.....surprise surprise! We are hitting mid to high 90's here this week with little chance of rain to help cool it down.
My nerves are strung up tight as a door nail. I am little bit snappy and I really do not mean it towards anyone and I want them to understand that. Don't take it personally at all.
Lets see what else is going on with me......hummmmmm just not sure. really not sure as all my emotions and everything is tied up with sacha.
I did a baby quilt for Marty's niece that is having a boy. She took it to the baby shower on Saturday.
front of the quilt the pattern is called little hunny.
back of the quilt.
Her niece loved it which I am glad. I thought the pattern would work up good but I was disappointed in it. In hindsight I would have quilted it differently had I the time to do so. It is not a pattern that I will use again.
Right now I have another quilt that I am working on and it is for my bed. I set it aside for the moment. As it is way to big for me to do on the machine it will have to be hand quilted.
I got to go for now things to do .
Heart panel
5 weeks ago

1 comments:
Ah Becca I do hope you get some down time soon - you should, you take such care of God's wordless creatures, you will be blessed. Take the kitten (while still young) indoors now to make it get used to the birds. We have 4 cats all living in harmony with our 2 parrots and our parrots are never put in cages.
Post a Comment